- RMRay M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars49 minutes agoPerfection
Arrived quickly, fit perfectly, did not have to take a single tool to it. Glued it in and strung it up! Non locking tremolo stays in tune now
- JLJim L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars5 days agoYou will need to shim it
In terms of tone, the Tusk XL is a dramatic improvement over a plastic OEM nut. I am amazed at the tonal/response difference. If you have upgraded the pickups/electronics in your guitar, swapping out the plastic nut with a tusk will raise the bar overall on the tone of your instrument and you will really hear those upgrades.
A black PT 6642 XL nut, though, appears to be the closest fit to an Ibanez SA series electric nut replacement. The PT6642 is the perfect length and string spacing. It is, though, a few .0 MM too narrow and too short, but can work well with a shim of .040mm. If you order a nut that is a touch higher, the options available get even more narrow and the string spacing too wide. If you search for a nut with a width you could sand to fit, the height drops significantly in the options available, and you are seriously pushing the strings too wide on the board. So, I made a shim: it looks great and the upgrade in tone is more than worth that extra effort.
- NANicholas A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 weeks agoPerfect
Perfect, as described.
- RSRick S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 weeks agoTusq XL and Bigbsby
The Tusq product line is really a no brainier on a Bigsby which this was purchased for. We have 3 acoustics and now 4 electric guitars, all have a Tusq nut.
- DSDouglas S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 month agoGreat product!
Easy to install and kept my guitar with a tremolo in tune.
Total 5 star reviews: 7 Total 4 star reviews: 1 Total 3 star reviews: 0 Total 2 star reviews: 0 Total 1 star reviews: 0
100%would recommend this product
Customer-uploaded media carousel. Press left and right arrows to navigate. Press space or enter to open more details.
Slide 1 selected
Reviews LoadedReviews Added